Electrical Installations, Maintenance & Repair

Our electricians are qualified to work on both domestic and commercial installations and are ready to help with jobs big or small.



As a landlord you are required by law to comply with the following:

  • That the electrical installation in a rented property is safe when tenants move in and maintained in a safe condition throughout its duration.
  • That a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) has a periodic inspection carried out on the property every five years.
    If your property is not an HMO, you are not legally obliged to do this. However, we recommend that a periodic inspection and test is carried out by a registered electrician on your rental properties at least every five years.
  • That any appliance provided is safe and has at least the CE marking (which is the manufacturer’s claim that it meets all the requirements of European law).

In addition to your legal obligation it is recommended that you also do the following:

  • Make sure that your property has adequate RCD protection
  • Use a registered electrician for any work on your property
  • Carry out regular safety checks on the electrical appliances provided as part of the rental agreement

If you don't know whether you meet your legal requirements as a landlord we can help Call 01642 693839 / 07983 885551 or email info@righthomesbuildingservices.co.uk

Have you got a Landlord Gas Safety Certificate. (CP12)

We need more power... wall sockets installed

Do you have enough electrical sockets for all your devices? It seems that every socket now comes with a multi-way adapters or adapter block in order to cope with the additional demand for chargers, powers supplies, televisions, game systems, computers, etc. etc. We see this problem everyday at home at work in living rooms and kitchens.

We can help, we can look at how you are using the sockets you currently have and suggest ways to make your home safer and reduce the risk of overloading your sockets. Find out if your overloading your sockets using this simple 'socket calculator' on www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.

LED lighting upgrade

Replacing traditional forms of halogen and incandescent lighting with LED bulbs can cut lighting bills by up to 90%, and switching to LED bulbs is often quite simple.

If you're unsure of any of the common questions relating to LED bulbs get in touch with us and

  • How long do LED bulbs last?
  • Why do I need an LED-compatible transformer?
  • Are LED lights cost-effective?
  • Can LED light bulbs be used with dimmers?
  • Will LED bulbs fit into my old light fixtures?
  • Do I need to replace my fittings to use LED bulbs?
  • low voltage circuit or mains circuit?
  • How can I save the most money on my electricity bill?
  • Why do I need to replace my dimmer switch?
  • What fittings should I have for my bathroom?

Garden lighting & Outdoor Electrical Supplies

Right Homes Building Services can supply, install and certify equipment to provide you with a safe, protected electrical supply to your garden and out buildings.

  • Garden or external lighting for pathways or driveways
  • Security lights & cameras
  • Fish pond pumps and filters
  • Waterfalls & Fountains
  • Garage, Workshop, Summerhouse or Sheds fitted with multiple sockets and protected with an RCD consumer unit.

Security Installations CCTV cameras and burglar alarms

We can supply, install CCTV and burglar alarm systems in both domestic and commercial premises, our systems can be integrated into home automation systems which can be controlled from your mobile phone. 

Electrical Projects

We can help with all aspects of electrical work.

  • Electrical Design & Installation
  • LED Lighting
  • Rewires
  • RCD Consumer Units
  • Garden Electrical Supply
  • Lighting Design & Controls
  • Garages, Summerhouses, Sheds
  • Security Lights
  • Alarms & CCTV
  • Fire Alarms and Emergency Lighting
  • Additional Sockets
  • Solar Panels
  • Armoured Cable
  • Home Automation
  • Electric Gates
  • Multimedia Installs

Ask A Question